5 hour class, car for road test
Road Test Tips NY:
- You can make your road test appointment on-line at www.dmv.ny.gov (click on On-Line Services, then Schedule a Road Test) or 1-800-368-1186 for the hearing impaired). When making your appointment, you must have your social security number, client ID number (9-digit number directly over your photo on your permit) and the certificate number that is printed on the front of 5 hour certificate. If you are under age 18 you must have six months of valid permit status from the date your permit is issued of the date of your road test. This is not required if you are age 17, you have completed driver education, and you have a driver education certificate (form MV-285).
- When you arrive for your road test, you must bring 5 hour certificate and your photo learner permit. If you have an interim or temporary learner permit without a photo, you must also show a NYS photo driver license or a NYS non-driver ID card. Photo documents from other states are not acceptable. If you are under age 18 you must also bring a completed Certification of Supervised Driving (MV-262), signed by a parent or guardian. If you do not have all required items, you will NOT be given a road test.
- If you do not pass the road test, 5 hour certificate will be returned to you. When you apply for another road test, use 5 hour certificate to prove that you have completed the pre-licensing course. You can use 5 hour certificate for up to one year after the “Date of Issuance” shown on the front.
- If you lose 5 hour certificate, you must get a replacement form the course provider who issued the original certificate.
- If 5 hour certificate is a replacement for a lost certificate, the “Date of Issuance” shown on the date the original certificate was issued.
On the day of your road test:
- Be on time. If you are late or you fail to appear for your test, your test can be canceled. You must schedule another appointment, and you receive on preference for an earlier appointment than other applicants.
- If conditions and time allow, the DMV will post on its web site information about road test cancellations that occur due to weather or other conditions. See the DMV closings and cancellations page <http://dmv.ny.gov/closings.html> the day of, and the day after, your test for information and instructions.
- Bring your photo learner permit. If you have an interim or temporary learner permit without a photo, you must also show a NYS photo driver license or a NYS non-driver photo ID card. Photo documents from other states are not acceptable.
- Bring your pre-licensing course certificate (MV-278) or driver education certificate (MV-285) and your completed Certification of Supervised Driving (MV-262).
- If you are under age 18 and you have a class DJ or MJ learner permit you must have a minimum of 50 hours of supervised practice driving before your road test, with at least 15 hours at night (after sunset). You must bring to the road test form MV-262 (Certification of Supervised Driving) completed by your parent or guardian to certify that you have the required hours of supervised practice driving.
- If another driver drives the test vehicle to the test site, the driver must be age 18 or older and must have a driver license that is valid to operate the test vehicle. Remember that when you drive with a learner permit, the accompanying driver must be age 21 or older.
- Remember that you cannot drive in a road test area except when you take the road test.
- Confirm that the vehicle you bring for the test has a current registration and a valid inspection sticker.
- Confirm that the vehicle operates properly. Check the seat belts, headlight, doors and other equipment to confirm that they also operate properly.
- CAR RENTAL FOR ROAD TEST IN QUEENS and
- CAR RENTAL FOR ROAD TEST IN OTHER BOROUGH
# Price for the road test car varies by location .please call or email us to check the price and the availability to rental a car for your road test